Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Come and see us!
Please!
I will show off for you!!
I'll introduce you to all my friends
Daddy loves to take naps
The front yard of the house where we will be moving.
AG and KJ are getting a swing put in this tree

Lake Victoria from our house
AG's favorite attire!


Sitting up on my own!!
My favorite toy
Got it!

Lots of bananas, or motoke, one of the staple foods here. There are many different varieties and thankfully our family really likes bananas!
We took a recent trip outside of Kampala
It was a long drive
We visited a school run by Cornerstone Development, the organization we are working together with here. The school is training future leaders.
The school's chapel
AG loved seeing the cows

What is on my head?? Actually these hats are made from used plastic bags which are woven together to make all sorts of things. Making bead necklaces and bracelets out of paper and hats and rugs from plastic bags are some of the projects that can help widows, as well as helping the environment by reducing waste!
AG and some of her new friends (also Americans living in Uganda) having tea time
I can fly!!!!

AG playing with a lizard. She loves insects and reptiles much to her mother's dismay. She will spend hours outside talking to lizards and bugs. She likes snails and caterpillars in particular.

One of KJ's favorite activities is sucking on her toes
Mimi and Nana travelled to Uganda with us to be here during our first two weeks! What a help!!
With Nana

I love my cube!!!
I love my big sis!!
AG loves playing with playdough!
KJ and AG's dedication service in the USA the Sunday before moving to Uganda
AG with Uncle Jason
I love my PawPaw!
I love my Papa
AG loves fishin' like her dad!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys! I found your blog a while back, and have been checking every week for an update. You look great! The girls are so beautiful. And the green grass in your yard...wow...remembering you in your new land as you settle and get to work. Missy

Melody Kortbein said...

So glad you finally updated. I was so excited to see pictures of the girls. We miss you so much. We are planning a few days in Florida for the Acker clan. Wish you were here.

Love you,

Melody

Dee Donalson said...

What a beautiful family God has blessed you with!
It is obvious that He has surrounded you with love and I will pray for continued protection, health, and provision as you serve the Shepherd who guides you.
Dee donalson